It takes a proven pioneer in innovation and advancement to take learning to the next level.
Founded in 1881, NJIT is a major public technological university with 100 degree programs that prepare students to be leaders in our fast-moving, technology-dependent economy. For more than 50 years NJIT has provided full-time working adults with flexible opportunities to pursue higher education through its Division of Continuing Professional Education.
We offer graduate certificates, and professional development programs. While not all of NJIT’s degree programs are available through CPE, the ones that are were hand-picked from hot, high-growth, and highly employable fields.
We've always had the edge in eLearning. Our research in the field began back in the 1980s when NJIT researchers coined and registered the phrase “Virtual Classroom®.” Since then, NJIT has been known around the world for expert online learning:
- NJIT is a "top American research university" (U.S. News & World Report)
- NJIT placed sixth in the nation in online learning enrollments for graduate computing and engineering programs (U.S. News and World Report)
- An NJIT professor received the Sloan Consortium 2004 Award for Most Outstanding Achievement in Online Teaching and Learning by an Individual
- A fourth of all engineers working in New Jersey are graduates of NJIT, some of them distance learning graduates
- NJIT ranks 8th in the nation among public universities for salary potential (PayScale)
NJIT is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education. All of NJIT's eligible professional programs, both graduate and undergraduate, are accredited by the respective accrediting agencies for their field.