Some of our students are busy professionals looking to upgrade their skills. Some are first-time students just beginning their academic careers. Others are returning to school in the hope of making a change. But they all have one thing common: they’re all working adults determined to succeed in a global, technology-driven economy.
In the past decade, NJIT has trained over 60,579 professionals associated with more than 564 companies.
- 8,200 students in degree programs
- 7,000 professionals (many in online learning credit and non-credit courses)
- Over 1,500 in-state and out-of-state students taking online classes
- Hundreds who reside throughout New Jersey and study at our many extension sites.
- Learners of all ages—many with children and families (This year's youngest is 19 and oldest is 67!)
- Students majoring in engineering management, civil engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, pharmaceutical management or pharmaceutical engineering, management (MBA), environmental sciences, transportation, and other fields
- Many of the NJIT engineering students who will go on to make up 25 percent of all engineers working in New Jersey