Graduate certificates are a good way for adult students to begin graduate school while enhancing their resumes and careers. If you want to study the latest knowledge in a field but don't want to do a full time master's degree (or if already have a master's degree), a certificate program might be right for you.
Each certificate program offers four courses for a total of 12 credits, and NJIT changes the slate of its online certificates each year to assure that credentials are in areas where there are jobs to be filled. You can also apply the credits you earn in a certificate program towards a master's degree. Fifty percent of students who've gotten certificates at NJIT have gone on to pursue master's degrees here. The university makes it easy for students to ease into a masters' program. Once admitted for degree study, NJIT accepts all certificate credits and students needn't ever provide GRE scores(1).
NJIT's certificate programs have been cited for excellence by the American Council of Graduate Schools. Certificate News also rated the NJIT certificate programs among the best programs in the nation. The following graduate certificates can be completed entirely online:
- Business and Computing
- Business and Information Systems Implementation
- Construction Management
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity
- Data Mining
- Engineering Leadership
- Global Technology Management
- Management Essentials
- Management of Technology
- Network Security and Information Assurance
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Project Management
- Social Media Essentials
- Software Engineering, Analysis and Design
- Technical Communication Essentials
- Web Systems Development
(1) GMAT or GRE exemption applies to those students with an earned undergraduate degree (with a minimum GPA OF 2.8) from a domestic university, pending departmental approval. Candidates with earned masters degrees from a US or Canada based university may also waive the GMAT or GRE. International students will be required to submit official GMAT or GRE scores.