Who is this program recommended for?
This certificate program is intended for managers, project leads, and engineers seeking to enhance their soft skills as it relates to managerial roles.
What will I learn?
- Usability analysis; visual information; ethics; global diversity, global communication; report writing; information literacy; communicating with new technologies; and technical writing.
- Roles of both competitive environment and the organization's experience in developing corporate strategy to gain competitive advantage.
- The impact of IT solutions, by learning to deconstruct, analyze and configure IT systems in alignment with enterprise-wide business strategies.
- Develop an intellectual framework that will allow leaders of organizations to critically assess existing infrastructures and emerging technologies as well as how these enabling technologies might affect organizational strategy.
- In-depth study of the security and privacy issues associated with the massive amount of data that is collected, stored, shared and distributed in today's society
Why study Global Technology Management at NJIT?
NJIT is one of the most computing intensive campuses in the nation, ranked by the Princeton Review as one of America's "Best Colleges" and has also been designated a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the United States National Security Agency.Forbes.com and a Princeton Review survey name NJIT as one of the US' most technologically sophisticated universities. NJIT was named among the top 500 world universities in a study by the Institute of Higher Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University. As well, NJIT was the first recipient of the coveted "Excellence in Technology" Award made by the industry-led New Jersey Technology Council.
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree with a overall cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Related Degree Programs
Check the course descriptions for more information. Some courses have perquisites and must be taken in order.
Faculty Adviser: L. Axe
Please check the Registrar's website for full course listings and course profiles.
Is eLearning right for you? Do you feel comfortable using a computer and the internet regularly? Take the full quiz..