This graduate certificate is best suited for students holding an undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology or those willing to take a number of ancillary courses.
What will I learn?
This certificate program covers:
- Security threats in communication systems; conventional cryptography: substitution and transposition codes; distribution of secret key over the Internet; principles of public-key cryptography; RSA and other public-key cryptographic methods; and digital signature protocol.
- Existing network security technology and the various practical techniques that have been implemented for protecting data from disclosure, for guaranteeing authenticity of messages, and for protecting systems from network attacks.
- SNMP family of standards including SNMP, SNMPv2, and RMON (Remote Monitoring), OSI systems management.
- Information protection concepts, privacy impact analysis, computer crime, legal issues, controls and auditing systems, and firewall configuration.
- Conventional Encryption and Public Key Cryptology. Security services and standards (such as Kerberos, Digital Signature Standard, Pretty Good Privacy, SNMPv2 security facility).
Why study Information Security at NJIT?
The program’s narrow focus allows you to dig deep into this specific topic, and start applying your knowledge sooner. It’s possible to some of the courses online, so you can more easily fit the program into your busy life. And whether you take courses online or on campus, you’ll learn from NJIT’s distinguished professors and instructors of the College of Computing Sciences.
NJIT’s standard admission requirements apply to this graduate certificate, but individual courses within the program have additional prerequisites. Check the course descriptions for full details.
Related Degree Programs
All credits from the Network Security & Information Assurance Graduate Certificate can be applied toward the NJIT M.S. Cyber Security and Privacy, M.S. Information Systems, or M.S. IT Administration and Security.
Check the course descriptions for more information. Some courses have prerequisites and must be taken in order.
Faculty Adviser: Michael Halper
For more information about this graduate certificate, click here.
Please check the Registrar's website for full course listings and course profiles.
Is eLearning right for you? Do you feel comfortable using a computer and the internet regularly? Take the full quiz..
|Open||CS608||101||CRYPTOGRAPHY & SECURITY||NJIT @ NK||W 6:00pm - 9:05pm CKB 219||09/02/2014 - 12/22/2014|
|Open||IT620||101||WIRELESS NET SECURITY & ADMIN||NJIT @ NK||R 6:00pm - 9:05pm GITC 1205||09/02/2014 - 12/22/2014|
|Open||IS681||851||COMPUTER SECURITY AUDITING||NJIT @ NK||09/02/2014 - 12/22/2014|
|Open||IS687||101||TRANSCTN MINING/FRAUD DETECT||NJIT @ NK||M 6:00pm - 9:05pm CKB 219||09/02/2014 - 12/22/2014|
|Closed||CS696||101||NETWORK MGMT & SECURITY||NJIT @ NK||F 6:00pm - 9:05pm KUPF 108||09/02/2014 - 12/22/2014|
|Courses are scheduled for this semester. Due to a system change, they are not displayed below. Please go to the Registarís course schedule website, http://www.njit.edu/registrar/schedules/index.php for up-to-date information.|
|Closed||CS608||102||CRYPTOGRAPHY & SECURITY||NJIT @ NK||W 6:00pm - 9:05pm GITC 5601||01/21/2014 - 05/14/2014|
|Open||IT640||102||NETWORK SERVCES ADMINISTRTN||NJIT @ NK||M 6:00pm - 9:05pm GITC 1100||01/21/2014 - 05/14/2014|
|Cancelled||IS681||852||COMPUTER SECURITY AUDITING||NJIT @ NK||01/21/2014 - 05/14/2014|
|Cancelled||CS696||102||NETWORK MGMT & SECURITY||NJIT @ NK||F 6:00pm - 9:05pm||01/21/2014 - 05/14/2014|
|Open||CS696||852||NETWORK MGMT & SECURITY||NJIT @ NK||01/21/2014 - 05/14/2014|