This graduate certificate is best suited for students holding an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or those willing to take a number of ancillary courses.
What will I learn?
This certificate program covers:
- An overview of computational methods used to provide secure Internet communication
- The fundamentals of current network management technology and techniques and emerging network management standards
- An overview of widely used security applications, schemes, and practices on the Internet and enterprise networks
- A working knowledge of information assurance and particular network and computer security concepts, applications, and standards
- Audit, control and security issues, requirements, and processes in organizational information systems
- Relevant issues in computer security auditing
Why study Network Security and Information Assurance at NJIT?
The program’s narrow focus allows you to dig deep into this specific topic, and start applying your knowledge sooner. It’s possible to some of the courses online, so you can more easily fit the program into your busy life. And whether you take courses online or on campus, you’ll learn from NJIT’s distinguished professors and instructors of the College of Computing Sciences.
NJIT’s standard admission requirements apply to this graduate certificate, but individual courses within the program have additional prerequisites. Check the course descriptions for full details.
Related Degree Programs
All credits from the Network Security & Information Assurance Graduate Certificate can be applied toward the NJIT M.S. Computer Science, M.S. Information Systems, MS IT Administration and Security, or MS in Cyber Security and Privacy.
Check the course descriptions for more information. Some courses have prerequisites and must be taken in order.
For more information about this graduate certificate, click here.
Please check the Registrar's website for full course listings and course profiles.