The CloudMASTER® Certificate Program is brought to you by New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) Division of Continuing Professional Education in partnership with National Cloud Technologists Association. It was recently ranked as one of the Top 25 Cloud Computing Certificate Programs.
The Program provides a strong foundation in cloud technologies, overall cloud architecture and management of cloud infrastructure, as well as a solid technical background in modern web services deployment and administration. Students will learn concepts, principles, techniques, and practices needed to administer and secure a modern cloud-enabled business environment. Unlike other cloud training programs, this course of study is platform-agnostic and therefore offers students a more comprehensive approach to cloud computing. They are Cloud Technologies, Cloud Architecture and Design and Cloud Operations Management.
Course Detail, Schedule and Pricing
For a list of topics covered in each module and to register please click on the desired module(s) listed below. Each CloudMASTER® class module costs $1,600.00
Register and pay for the full certificate (all 3 CloudMASTER® modules) in advance and receive an $805 discount. The total fee for the Certificate is $3,995.
Each course lasts 4 weeks with a one week gap. Upon successful completion of all three courses, students get the NJIT CloudMASTER certificate and a crystal plaque commemorating admission as a member of the National Cloud Technologists Association.
1. Lecture in class by faculty
2. Labs in class continuing into homework
3. Videos online and downloads with transcripts handed to you at the beginning of class.
4. Piazza to collaborate with each other, submit assignments. Moderated by instructor.
5. Webex for weekly review of materials covered
6. Site visit to a Data Center as part of the Architecture course
7. Group Projects
Who Should Take The Program?
Anyone who recognizes that the Cloud is going to change their job description and wants to get hands-on training in the various technologies at each building block of the cloud. Remember, the Internet could have been born (1992) after you graduated. The iPhone was launched in 2006 and the smartphone has structurally changed the computing landscape. iPad was launched in 2010 and is now being used by the CEO at home for sure, and pretty soon, at work. The cloud enables very small firms perform at world scale. (Whatsapp had 50 employees serving 450 Million customers when Facebook acquired it because Whatsapp was becoming the communications platform of choice).
You could be:
- A Job seeker looking to get equipped in today’s most relevant skill sets.
- Retooling your skill set to prepare for the hottest job market: the Cloud, which leverages your judgment and business skills much more than your technical IT skills.
- Working on new projects or rewrites of existing projects and looking at cloud as an option.
- Embracing cloud technologies as it is a strategic direction for your organization.
- Curious about new trends in technology and want to understand the possibilities while separating hype from fact.
- Working in legacy environments and wanting to know the latest technologies and best practices.
- IT staff wanting to be proactive in prepping for the Cloud Migrations that are currently underway or soon to be underway.
- Directors tasked with renewing contracts on aging hardware and software and wondering how to use the cloud while remaining in compliance with best practices for security, reliability and continuity.
- Entrepreneurs looking to harness the possibilities opened up by the cloud and need the confidence that comes with the ability to get it done singlehandedly.
Module Details (C8 R2)
Each module, upon successful completion awards NJIT Continuing Education Units and a NCTA and NJIT certificate. Each module involves 32 hours of class time: including one full Saturday (8 hours) and eight 3-hour weekday evening courses for 4 weeks. Hands-On computer lab work is a mandatory part of this program. There will be an online exam at the end of each module. Students who pass will be qualified to advance to the next module. After satisfactory completion of all three modules, students will take the final online examination for CloudMASTER® Certification.
Where and When?
Location: 170 Fenster Hall, NJIT Newark campus.
Cloud Operations: Starts January 31
Cloud Technologies: Starts March 10
Cloud Architecture: Starts April 14
Cost and Registration
Cloud Operations $1,600.00
Cloud Technologies $1,600
Cloud Architecture $1,600.00
If all three are taken together, the cost is $3,995.00
For help with Registration, please contact Timothy Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org / (973) 642-7975
For more information about the program at NJIT contact us at: 1-800-624-9850 (Toll Free), 1-973-596-3060 or 973-596-3061 (in New Jersey) or email us at email@example.com
Can't make it to Newark? Consider Camden County Community College Cherry Hill campus. For more information about the Camden County College program or to register, contact them at 1-856-874-6004