This graduate certificate is best suited for students holding an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or those willing to take a number of ancillary courses.
What will I learn?
This certificate program covers:
- Key software engineering principles, methods and frameworks, including process models, agile and lean principles, project and risk management, estimation, modeling, system and software architecture, design patterns, and quality systems.
- Hands-on experience in managing database systems as an essential organizational resource.
- Development of large software systems and the integration of multiple systems into a domain dependent solution.
- Modern techniques and methods employed in the development of large software systems, including a study of each of the major activities during the lifetime of a software system, from conception to obsolescence and replacement.
- Software management technique, various software costing techniques including COCOMO and ROI, team organization and management, and various methods of software development including Cleanroom and Agile.
Why study information system implementation at NJIT?
The program’s narrow focus allows you to dig deep into this specific topic, and start applying your knowledge sooner. It’s possible to some of the courses online, so you can more easily fit the program into your busy life. And whether you take courses online or on campus, you’ll learn from NJIT’s distinguished professors and instructors of the College of Computing Sciences.
NJIT’s standard admission requirements apply to this graduate certificate, but individual courses within the program have additional prerequisites. Check the course descriptions for full details.
Related Degree Programs
All credits from the Software Engineering, Analysis, and Design Graduate Certificate can be applied toward the NJIT M.S. Business and Information Systems, M.S. Information Systems, or M.S. Software Engineering
Check the course descriptions for more information. Some courses have prerequisites and must be taken in order.
Faculty Advisor: M. Bieber
For more information about this graduate certificate, click here.
Please check the Registrar's website for full course listings and course profiles.
Is eLearning right for you? Do you feel comfortable using a computer and the internet regularly? Take the full quiz..
Fatal error: Call to a member function FetchRow() on a non-object in /u1/dmc/publish/cms3prod/active/adultlearner/api/cert-schedule-list.php on line 81